Bodegas de la Real Divisa have an extension of around forty hectares of vineyards.
Within the grapes varieties cultivated, Tempranillo takes up around 90% of the cultivation surface, while the remaining 10% is divided among the other varieties, Graciano, Mazuelo and Viura. The Tempranillo grape serves as the base of the wines, while other grapes in smaller quantities contribute color, brightness and refinement to the final product.
Each variety of indigenous, red grape contributes different, valuable characteristics to the wine:
- Tempranillo: 91% contributes boldness, elegance and aromas
- Graciano: 7% produces wines with a lot of colour and spice based aromas
- Mazuelo: 2% produces fresh wines
The three varieties mix well, creating wines that are elegant, complex, aromatic and well structured.
Both trellis and free standing systems of grape vines are employed.